Saturday, August 23, 2003

Ring Around The Template

I am pleased with the changes to my template. The only unexpected change was adding the 'note' to my diaryrings page. I got frustrated because I got some dead links when I tried the 'random' buttons and the 'previous' buttons on both rings lead to people who didn't add the links to their diaries - i.e. they are dead ends. It seems selfish to join a ring so people can find you but not include links so people can be 'discovered' through you.

A person following the diaryring links may find some interesting diaries. More importantly, people may find my diary.

All of this work on the template makes me more comfortable writing here. I am making this 'my place' on the web. These additions will be useful if I go the 'vanity route' and submit my diary to Diary Reviews.

No comments: