Friday, September 12, 2003

Books Again

I bought some more classic books today. Chapters has had a sale on 'Wordsworth Classics' for over a month and I have been meaning to buy some for a while. I wanted to buy a variety of books but not experiment too much. An unfinished cheap book is still an unfinished book. I bought 'Frankenstein' by Mary Shelley and 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker - both of which I had read years ago - and 'Great Expectations' by Charles Dickens. ( I haven't read the Dickens but I have seen the film).

I will keep experimenting with classic books as well as contemporary titles. Reading is a skill as well as a joy and it pays to keep challenging oneself.

I am half finished 'The Phantom Of the Opera' and I am enjoying it. Leroux was a good writer and his style is easy to read.

No comments: