Saturday, September 20, 2003

Playing With Linux

Here I am playing around with Knoppix Linux. I wanted to create a document in this virtual environment (the OS runs in ram via a CD) and save it to my hard drive. I am writing this in KWord and I will save it in Windows. When I return to Windows and reconnect my Internet connection I will post it to Diaryland.

The reason I disconnected from the Internet is that this distro doesn't have a firewall and I don't want to jeopardize my computer. If I was going to use it consistently then I would work something out so I could surf the net from here. Since I am just playing around today I am not going to bother.

Eventually I would like to use some flavour of Linux for most of my non-gaming computing. I just have to find something I am comfortable with which is compatible with my computer.

"Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to geek I go!"



I had to copy the above to a floppy and then transfer it to Windows. I also had to spell check it in Windows because Kword couldn't find it's spell checker.

No comments: