Friday, May 07, 2004

Home Sweet Internet

Well I finally made it back online. My computer is fresh and tuned up. It was nice to have someone else do the work for a change but it was somewhat expensive.

This break meant I had time to think a bit about what I am trying to achieve online. I would like to transfer my Diaryland version of Firemind to this journal and continue to develop this site. I may add some more features but nothing too intrusive. I don't like cookies and pop up windows and I don't want to subject readers to them. I may add a sitemeter but that is probably all.

I will be getting rid of the tagboard in Routes Victoria because it sends out lots of cookies and it looks tacky. I may use the Haloscan commenting system. I want to write some more articles now that I am back online.

I have many things planned for Journal Writer. I want to create a self study guide for people interested in creating online journals. This is one of the ideas I have been thinking about in respect to the workshop I am developing. I am working on a Spotlight format similar to that used in my newsletter. Instead of focusing on organizations I will spotlight online journals.

I missed my online routine of browsing journals and writing online this last month. It just proves how much I enjoy this. Using other people's computers just isn't as comfortable as using my own. I am home again.

No comments: