Sunday, May 23, 2004

Thinking About My Journals

I had Dim Sum with my friend from Errington yesterday morning. We had a good visit and talked about a variety of subjects. He was surprised that I was writing so many journals and wondered what I got from it. I explained that I had many ideas and that this was one way for me to work through them. Blogger allows multiple journals from one account so I can experiment and not have to learn another password. If I decide the idea isn't working I can delete the blog.

I have been thinking about my journals recently and wish to record some thoughts. I can't always work on Journal Writer or Routes Victoria. For the former I have to have an idea that I want/need to express in essay form. I don't always want to write formally. One of the reasons I made the site was to provide a place that new writers could submit to if they wished to. I have done that. I also like the links page. If journal writers browse the site and get inspired to write then I have succeeded whether they contact me or not.

Routes Victoria is a minor problem for me because it involves fieldwork. Usually I wander around getting what needs to be done without 'thinking like a writer'. Things should pick up when the weather is more consistent.

I am not sure what is going to happen with 'Our ESL Blog' but I like playing with the ideas involved. If I decide to quit the project I can incorporate what I have written into an essay for Journal Writer.

With all of this activity going on you would think I was satisfied wouldn't you? Not yet. I am still planning a photoblog to show my artwork and photos. This weekend I am creating a multi - author fiction blog.

So many ideas and so little time...

No comments: