Thursday, July 15, 2004

Adventures In Audio

Using Audioblogger reminded me of my previous audio adventures. The first one concerns a friend who moved away. We used to send letters via cassettes and tried to make them sound like radio broadcasts. We would include news, weather and discuss the music we were listening to.

The music sections always included full songs so our letters could be quite long. One time my friend sent me an interview taped from a radio show. The DJ would ask questions and 'Mr. Jaws' would "answer" using song clips. The skit ended like this:

Reporter: Mr. Jaws ... er, Mr. Jaws why are you eating my arm?
Jaws: (singing) Wouldn't you give a hand to a friend?

My second audio adventure was the result of a class assignment in high school. We were asked to make a short radio play. I wrote and performed a Star Wars skit with lots of sound effects. My Bobo - the - Gorilla - plays - Chewbacca routine was a classic.

this is an audio post - click to play

Those were the days.

No comments: