Thursday, August 11, 2005

Blogs

I am always promoting blogging and supporting bloggers I like. This is probably due to repeatedly being told to "find something productive (other than writing) to do". Writing was good for grades and reports but wouldn't "feed" me. When I suggested that I might become a writer people all had opinions, all had good wishes, and all suggested I 'get real'. I often wonder how I managed to keep writing at all.

I think a lot of my problem was where and when I lived. How would my life be different if I was growing up now? I had no Internet, or email, or Blogger, to keep me in contact with the world. These tools could have brought me friends and an audience. At least they would have provided an outlet for my writing.

My circle of blog-friends isn't as large as other peoples but it is varied. It also fits me. Some part of me needs to be "Uncle Firemind". Maybe it's a middle age thing.

I find it interesting to see how various blogs evolve:

Keith seems to have a longer blogroll each time I visit. His circle of online friends is expanding.

Sudman's blog has gone through several design changes as he plays with ideas. He asks for our opinions and isn't afraid to experiment. He has just started a Nascar blog.

Poompa is beginning to write some interesting and serious posts. He is also using his blog to help with school work. In fact he could use your help with a mini-survey.

I have only been blogging for two years but it seems forever. Going online and reading blogs has become a big part of my routine. Is it any wonder I take an interest in my friends blogs and support them? By helping them I help myself and we all have fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Blogging is also fun. Satisfies the ego safely ;)

Leon said...

True, true.

Anonymous said...

Unky fye fye lol I like that. Thanks for the blog blip and your right my blogroll does seem to expand regularly. This reflects why I can't seem to post often, I'm spending all my time reading other blogs :)

Leon said...

Keith - one of the other good things about blogging is keeping up your reading skills.