Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Sunny Tuesday

I was busy today and had to run around up town. It was nice and sunny although a little cool this morning.

I got some pics at the Inner Harbour. The wind was causing lots of ripples in the water and this made the reflections interesting. I haven't seen the pics yet but they should be nice.

I took some pics at 1450 Government Street. This building used to be used by the Ministry Of Forests and is to become a condominium. When I worked security I used to visit the building and it was quite bizarre inside. There was a hole in the brick wall in the basement that lead to an alcove of dirt. The foundations are quite old.

I remember when they renovated the building in the 1990's. They tore out a wall of gyproc and there was a wall of tinder dry cedar shakes beneath. The previous reno had been pretty shoddy. If the building had caught fire it would have been a death trap.

When I got home I checked out the Flickys - Flickr's 'Academy Awards'. Glimpse is nominated for "Excellence in Groups with 500-1000 Members". I also checked on "Excellence Amongst Flickreens" which recognizes teen photographers. Fintan is one of the nominations and I voted for him. I'm not familiar with the other nominees. (Or most of the categories either.)

Another of my blog friends has decided to check out Flickr. KC of CrossRoads Farm is flickring as GardenGoyle. Check out the pic of her puppy Jack.

I am going to work on pics tonight and write. See ya later.

No comments: