Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Computer Capers

The good news is that I am back online after an irritating experience. The bad news is that my Instant Messenger somehow got tied in with a password manager and can't be separated from it.

My computer locked up twice when I was in the middle of an IM discussion. I decided to try to clean out my computer because the irritations were building.

I only had one scare with the format/reinstall when my monitor started acting up. I turned it off and let it cool. I then finished my install. I upgraded my system and things were fine.

I got my email working and decided to get my Instant Messenger going. A dialogue box about a password manager popped up and I clicked yes and before I could change my mind it disappeared. I had to put up with it but it wasn't too bad at first.

I got MSN working but AIM just wouldn't take my password so I had to get another. Then all my accounts were wonky and during one conversation I was talking to an invisible person who was "offline". I tried reinstalling and tried to kill that nagging password manager that couldn't remember my passwords. Well, I never did get rid of it.

I will have to see if my accounts work properly and if that manager can be deleted or controlled. I also want to see if my Google Talk is working properly.

All this fun and games just so I can be with my dear fellow bloggers.

No comments: