Friday, December 22, 2006

A Present From Blogger

You may have noticed some changes in this blog recently. I have upgraded to the new version of Blogger and things are going smoothly.

It took about 40 minutes to transfer my account but Blogger did all of the work. I did notice a few things:

  • My old profile overwrote my new one but that was easy to fix.
  • All of the group blogs I belong to but don't own were transfered - even the ones I don't want. I would like to see a 'resign from blog' button implemented at some point. Currently only administrators can remove members (guests) from blogs.
  • There are new cookies being used and I accidentally blocked Firefox from accepting one. Once I got into Blogger I got signed in my browser ended up in an endless loop. I re-added the cookie and things returned to normal.


I am adding labels to my old posts as time permits. Labels are one of the nicest of the new features. They are like Flickr tags or Wordpress categories and allow searches using specific words or phrases. They can also be found by search engines. Technorati detects them as tags.

I have also upgraded 2 Lazy 4 Video. You can use labels to search for specific bands/musicians.

I will be doing some more work on the blog in the next few days.

No comments: