Saturday, July 19, 2003

The Living And The Dead

One of the things I am doing on this holiday is visiting relatives. In Dawson City I have more dead relatives than living ones. In Whitehorse the opposite is true. In both cases communicating with the relatives can be difficult.

Some of my relatives have access to email and the rest are technologically vacant. We use the phone for communicating if we communicate at all. Theoretically the relatives with computers can be reached by email. In practice this is as effective as trying to contact my dead relatives by Ouija board. Maybe I should try using the Ouija board to contact my family.

My relationship with my family isn't dead but it isn't very lively either. In reality I keep contact with my brothers through my parents. Such is life - and death - in my world.

(c) firemind 2003

No comments: