Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Masks (A Little Bit About Me)

I really enjoy my privacy and usually don't like unexpected intrusions. This is my way of coping with living in a city full of distractions. Furthermore, I have had problems with people harassing me. I wasn't exactly stalked but the feelings on my part were the same. For these reasons I decided to use a pseudonym when I started this diary.

I thought that some information would be useful for a reader. Here is my 'about page'.

1. I have nearly died twice. Once by drowning in a river and once when I caught pneumonia.

2. I love dogs. I don't think anyone should own one unless they have the time and money to take care of it.

3. When I was a kid my favourite books to read were encyclopedias.

4. I keep hoping that my hairline is affected by the moon. I miss high tide!

5. Sometimes I write a lot of poetry. However, whenever I decide to get serious about it and buy a 'how to write poetry' book - my creativity dries up.

6. I have travelled more in Europe than I have in Canada.

7. The only trophy I have ever won was for sled dog racing.

8. I have a university degree.

9. When asked whether I believe in God I respond by asking:"Which one?". There are so many to choose from and so little time.

10. I love Victoria. I have lived here for over ten years.

11. Words fascinate me. I marvel at how people can communicate by speech and writing.

12. I think one of the greatest inventions ever was the latte.

13. I am male.

14. Except for medication and caffeine I don't use any narcotic - including television.

1 comment:

Fin said...

4 made me larf!