Tuesday, September 02, 2003

A Busy Tuesday

Starting with laundry this morning and continuing on with publishing a newsletter, attending a meeting, shopping, and then phoning my parents: I find myself feeling that I have accomplished something today.

I publish a monthly newsletter and today was the first issue since my holiday. It was great to get back into being an editor. This is one of my volunteer jobs and I am glad I had some time away from "work" because it allowed me to think about ways to improve the newsletter.

The meeting I attended was at the organization I volunteer at. I am taking on a second job there and this was my first meeting as one of the team. I got my first assignment - being the contact person for the monthly team dinners - because I know some good and cheap places to eat. The significant thing about this is I had to give out my phone number so I can be contacted by those who wish to attend dinner. I am such a private person and I don't like sharing personal information. However this is a small way to help the team without pushing my boundaries - too much.

One last 'work' related note concerns an interesting writing/teaching project I am planning for the organization I volunteer for. I hope to lead a workshop on 'Journal Writing' that will cover therapy journals, travel journals, and creative journals either paper based or electronic (like Diaryland). It is something I have been thinking about for a while.

Tonight I phoned Whitehorse and talked to my parents for two hours. This is the first time I talked to them since I got back. It was great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful