Monday, December 22, 2003

Book Marathon

This weekend has been a busy one when it comes to reading. On Friday I went to Russell books and bought: 'The Hellbound Heart' by Clive Barker, 'The Engines Of God' by Jack McDevitt, and 'Headhunter' by Michael Slade. I finished Barker's book on Saturday and McDevitt's on Sunday.

'The Hellbound Heart' was the basis for the film 'Hellraiser' – which is one of my favourite Horror movies – and is a good story. If you have seen the film then this novella will hold no surprises.

'The Engines Of God' deals with archaeologists digging up ruins on other planets and trying to discover the truth about the 'Monument Builders'. It is a very good book that entertains and makes a reader think.

I was unsure about buying 'Headhunter' because I like supernatural horror rather than stories about 'slashers'. But, I decided to experiment and we'll see how it goes.

I am still reading '(Teach Yourself) Christianity'. I needed a break from it but I intend to finish it.

No comments: