Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Just Write

I have been busy reading books (see my Booklist ) and playing computer games. I was going to summarize my Christmas and New Year but time has passed and I am too busy with the present.

Other than recording books I have been neglecting my diary. Some times I forget that I don't need big ideas to give me an excuse to write. If I want to write then I should write.

Besides the novels bought at a used bookstore I have been reading 'Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice To All Creation' by Olivia Judson. This is a funny and informative biology book written to resemble 'Dear Abby ' letters. This was a present I bought myself. I also bought 'The Inquisition' by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh. I will read this after I finish 'Dr. Tatiana'.

For Christmas I got 'Shadows Of Undrentide' and 'Dungeon Siege: Legends Of Aranna'. These computer games have made me lose lots of sleep. “Life Is Rough”.

My copy of 'Xandros Desktop OS version 2' arrived early in the new year and the install went fine. I do all of my computing in Linux now except for when playing games. Now I don't have to return to Windows to visit Diaryland!

See what happens when I 'just write'? The summary that seemed too long and boring to write about got shrunk to include only the important stuff. I said what I wanted to say and gave writer's block the boot.

If all else fails: Just Write.

No comments: