Monday, May 10, 2004

Just Me And My Blog

Like many people using Blogger I have been playing with the new features. Some of the ideas are very good. For instance, there is now a profile feature similar to the one in LiveJournal. It allows instant community building by allowing people to find other bloggers with similar interests. Blogger users have been given an important tool that they previously lacked.

While I applaud the new features I am not sure how I will apply them to this journal. The new templates are nice (check out 'The Demo Blog') but I will stick with this one for now. The comment system is welcome but I just added a guestbook. These new features will still be around if I decide to experiment.

One thing I am wondering about is whether to make a separate profile for Firemind. I can list it with my other journals but this pushes my privacy envelope a bit much. This is something to work on.

One minor fallout of the changes is that a recent post about Blogger's 'Fresh Blogs' module is already obsolete. Isn't technology wonderful?

So here I sit thinking about the large community around me and realizing that sometimes what is important is just me and my blog.

No comments: