Monday, July 12, 2004

Learning Through Links

Rather than being frivolous, as some believe, blogs are great sources of information. I stopped in at Supermum and then followed a link to Cop Talk where I read International Blogging. The author echoed my own experience when he said, "Thanks to blogs, I'm learning about the world."

I was thinking about this as I read the comments associated with the post. I couldn't resist a title like Bacon and Eh's so I checked out the blog and read another interesting post.

While checking links at Bacon and Eh's I came across one leading to Tolerance.org. The site's U.S. Map of Hate Groups is an eye opener. I spent a lot of time visiting the website. When I was done I realized I had found a good companion to the Ontario Consultants on Religious Tolerance site that I list on UpdateLinks.

By reading weblogs and following links I learned something about different people and expanded my knowledge base.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love backtracking and following the trail we all take to get to one another's site, many times we come full circle.

It looks like Brent has really started the ball rolling hasn't he? It's a great topic and I see that many of us are touching upon it today. Like many others, I have learned so much just by making blogging my hobby.

I appreciate the mention in your post and also am glad you found my site somewhat informative. Unfortunately, I am not a teacher :( I make a much better student.

Hope you return!