Sunday, July 18, 2004

Two Walks

Yesterday was a great day for walking. I went on two fun walks.

Morning

I had a very good 'Chicken Mozzarella Holly' (hollandaise sauce) omelet at the James Bay Tea Room. It was delicious. Afterwards I walked through the James Bay Community Market and then went to the Inner Harbour.

I walked along the harbourside paths to the west of the MV Coho ferry terminal. The ship sounded its klaxon and began to back into the harbour. I watched it back up way out into the harbour to turn around. As this was happening the usual mix of Harbour Ferries, Whale Watching Boats, and float planes were being busy.

As the Coho headed out of the harbour I finished my walk and headed home.

Afternoon

Around 4 pm I needed a break so I walked to Ogden Point for dinner. I watched a large cruise ship arrive at the pier and then went and had lasagna and a salad. Later I walked out on the break water and had a look at the USS Abraham Lincoln. During this time many boats were active in the area, and another cruise ship was coming in.

I was hot and wondering if I would get sunburned (I didn't) so I headed home. At home I had a well deserved nap.




PS – this is my 200th entry! WooHoo!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Re: walks.
Omelet. Great. You made me feel hungry :)

Sounded like a good afternoon. And glad you didn't get burned (which is always a bummer.)

Congrats on the 200th post! Can't wait to see your 400th one :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joel. Yes it was quite a day.