Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Good Reads

I have been reading some great blogs lately and thought I would share them with you.




VegasBaby has a post called Homer Gets Wet And Wild. Just how much trouble can a cat get into?



Cat antics are one thing - people antics are something else. I worked night shifts in retail and security for years. I got cynical and divided the world into people and assholes. After reading this I think Lovedonnaz does also.



I like encouraging new bloggers. I also like writer's who can express ideas and emotions. This post by Samara is expressive and compelling.



I am a literacy fanatic. I have tutored adult learners and my volunteering focuses on education. That's why this post at Lynda Reads was so interesting.

(Note to technophobes: computer glitches happen to us all. I got to repeat myself because Blogger 'burped' when I was commenting.)



Some people have all the fun. L2O2.com :: Travelling is FUN! follows Lynn and Lawrie Stewart (and puppies) as they travel across Canada. The pictures are superb and their route is shown on a map.

(Note: The route from Whitehorse to Victoria is almost identical to the one I followed when I moved back here in 1989.)



Being free of television does have its drawbacks. I miss science fiction, documentaries, and animation. I am exploring Cartoon Brew. I like the posts about Ren and Stimpy.



As you can see I have been reading a lot of interesting material. The personal blogs will end up on my links page and will probably remain there considering the writers abilities. Have a look at my links page and check out a blogger you don't know. You may find someone new and interesting to read.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it me or are your post getting longer and your blogger "filling out" in general? COOL. ;-)

homercat said...

Thanks for the plug eh.

Leon said...

Joel - my posting varies a bit. Blogger makes it easy for me to post quick fast thoughts. I do love to wrap my mind around an idea and run with it.

lovedonnaz and vegasbaby - it's not often I find so many interesting reads all at once. You two made it easy for me victoria/good reads - it must be quite a household. :)