Monday, August 30, 2004

Marvellous Monday

What a way to spend a Monday. I didn't finish everything I planned to do today, but I did a lot and enjoyed myself.

I started by watering the plant box outside my front door. I'm not the most conscientious gardener so it sometimes gets thirsty. Lately it has looked a little parched so I increased the amount of water I use to two litres. Now it is producing new flowers. Maybe my thumb is greener than I thought.

I went for brunch at my favourite spot and had a wonderful Clubhouse style wrap with a salad. I finished with chocolate ice cream and wafer cookies. Mmm mmm.

I walked up Menzies to the Inner Harbour. Along the way I petted three of the carriage horses waiting for fares. All of the horses are suckers for attention.

At the Inner Harbour I watched a funny bilingual puppet show put on by Theatre Inconnu. I talked to them for a bit and then moved on. I saw a Harbour Seal that disappeared when a boat approached. I haven't seen one there before. One seal does frequent Fisherman's Wharf quite often.

I continued up Government Street to Munro's Books. I have been thinking about art lately and wanted to find some information about local artists. Munro's is the perfect place for this because it is a piece of art itself.

I looked at postcards by Robert Amos and checked out a book called Noah's Ark. I looked at post cards of 'Queen Liz' and wanted more information. The staff were very helpful.

I made a final stop at Chapters to buy a dictionary and came home.

What a day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Any plans to take pics and upload them on your blog?

Leon said...

Joel - Big question. I have just tested posting from flickr to the demo blog (see my profile). I haven't taken a picture in ages but have been thinking about it. I even looked at my old k1000 today. Pictures on firemind? Don't know yet. I am going to scan some old pics and post to flickr.

homercat said...

Cool, the wife's(Vegasbaby) place of employment is on Menzies street.

Maktaaq said...

I never thought to look up when I am in Munro's. (Those yummy books!!)

Leon said...

Ha! when I went in the next day to thank them for their help I said the same thing.