Monday, August 02, 2004

Splash

The Online Potluck wasn't my only activity yesterday. I went down to the Inner Harbour and enjoyed the BC Day festivities. The Symphony Splash turned the whole area into a carnival of music and activity. I watched an instructor from Hand Drum Rhythms get a large and diverse group of people to play music together. It was entertaining.

I watched Victoria's Naden Band and then toured the HMCS Nanaimo which was moored at Ship Point. It was interesting to view the ship and listen to the guide answer questions.

I wandered around downtown windowshopping and enjoying the sunshine. I returned to the Splash for part of the evening concert. While there were many people in attendance earlier the evening crowd was much larger. These photos from last year show a similar scene.

I didn't stay all evening because I was tired. It was another fun way to enjoy Victoria.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ho hum; I'd so love to live there!

Maktaaq said...

I haven't forgotten about the online potluck. Busy from morning to night yesterday and again today and again tomorrow. I am one of those guests who is really late for everything.

Unknown said...

Re: potluck.
I'm behind. Will work on it this week.

Anonymous said...

Joel and maktaaq - you are still welcome - firemind.