Friday, September 03, 2004

Blogging For Luke 3

"I think this journal (web site) of yours has proven to be just as much a spiritual journey [as] for supporting you...(read)"

That is the general feel of the comments to this blog. People are offering prayers and encouragement and seeing their faith in God mirrored in so many others. They embrace technology and check on Luke from work and from home.

When pictures are posted people are moved by them. One commenter wrote: "it is so hard to wait for even a little bit of news". The traditional endless phone calls and silent worry are replaced with online updates and photos. People feel like they are there with Luke.

One photo shows Luke with his parents. It is very moving. One commenter writes: "This picture speaks volumes to us about the love of a wonderful family."

I click on the picture and see it full size. Suddenly I feel intrusive. Mentally I retreat - not wanting to distract anyone from pouring love and encouragement into the boy. I pause and wonder if I am intruding here in this blog. I realize that I wouldn't keep coming back to see Luke if I didn't care.

I am a man with no children. I have always been an uncle. That is the feeling I recognize down deep. I smile and think, "Luke, your 'uncle' wants you to get better."

No comments: