Saturday, September 04, 2004

Blogging for Luke 8

I posted "What Teddy Said (For Luke)" and thus 'broke' two of my own rules for Firemind: no images and no poetry. The first rule tries to control link rot and speed up loading of my blog. The second rule is due to the fact that poetry appreciation is so subjective. Besides, I already have a poetry blog.

Breaking these rules helps me express myself here. I can make a better 'presentation' for the reader. It is a treat for new readers and my online friends alike. It is also a fun and meaningful way to help Luke.

I am amazed at the variety of comments each post gets. People from all over with different beliefs stop in to offer prayers and encouragement. I wondered if this burst of activity was having an effect on Blogger. I don't know if it is, but the comments to my blog usually take less than ten minutes to reach my email. Today they take around an hour.

I have experimented with audioblogger and find it an interesting tool for bloggers. I suggested it to Luke's Dad and left him a link. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have been trying to get the word out about Luke and his dad's blog. I think what is happening is important and my social science background urges me to find an objective observer. I am no longer that person. I am part of the experience.

When I started blogging for Luke I talked about 'Luke's Dad' and respected his decision to use a pseudonym. Friends of the family were using his real name in their comments. I began to follow their lead and called him Gordon and then Gordy. He has also modified his blogging behaviour by signing some posts as 'Luke's Dad aka Gordy'. Just as we have been shaping our blogs they have been shaping us.

This is a dynamic and intensely interesting situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've uploaded my post if you'd care to take a peek. Let me know if I missed anything!

Thanks!