Sunday, September 05, 2004

Blogging For Luke 9

My friend Kim has launched 'Operation Teddy Bear' to direct her readers to my 'Teddy Bears For Luke' post. If anyone wants to send a 'virtual' Teddy Bear to Luke just stop in and ask. I will add your name to the list and suddenly Luke will have another teddy. You don't even have to put a bear on your blog (if you have one). Of course... the more the bearier!



I have been telling people I know about Luke and his struggles. I even phoned my mom for a bit. Sometimes a person just has to connect with family.


I am not a very religious person but I am a spiritual person. I don't how to describe what has been happening lately. I am not troubled, but sometimes I feel distressed because I see how small I am in the scheme of things. For someone so 'small', and at times afraid of attention, I have stepped boldly into the centre. Why? Because I can and because Luke didn't have a choice. Luke's struggle humbles me. He is such a fighter.


I am coming face to face with myself. Who am I to take on the role of crusader for Luke? Luke is so new and unbent yet I am marred by years of experience. I have always tried to be moral, but sometimes I have failed. I am human. Mortality is a scary thing to face.


As I write this I am having my first real crash. Through tears I squint at the screen and keep writing. I want to finish this and post it. Then I want to check on Luke one more time. Tears are the emotions way of cleaning house. I can't cry for all the sick kids, but I allow myself to cry for Luke.


I am smiling right now because I realize how much I have benefited from becoming involved. Luke has effected me immensely and I will help him any way I can.

When Luke gets better I'm going to send him a real Teddy Bear.

No comments: