Friday, September 03, 2004

Teddy Bears For Luke

I have been 'Blogging For Luke' for the last few days. Luke is one of many children in intensive care units around the world. There is a child much like Luke in a hospital near you. I realize we can't get involved with every crisis and remain healthy. I do think that little things count.

Just as I really don't know my readers I don't know Luke and his family. However, I propose we take a minute of time to think about Luke and the other children. I propose we send 'virtual' teddy bears to these children.

Rules:


  1. Leave your first name, full name, or pseudonym in my comments or guestbook. It is not necessary to have a blog.

  2. Include your the URL of your blog so I can link to you. A return link would be appreciated.

  3. No locked diaries, or sites with adult content will be linked to. I plan to mention this post at How is Luke Doing and children and teens may want to check out the links.

  4. The teddy bear image is courtesy of Graphic Garden and subject to the site's terms of service. Please check that site for more information. Do not link to my photoblog.




We Sent Teddy Bears To Luke





Firemind/Leon , Kim, Darin, and Family , Ted Johnson , Sherry and Katy , The Lundquists , Joe & Rena Searles , Rob , Ellen , Jeff, Sue, Zach, and Seth , Grandma Barbara , Laura - Jane K , Christine , Lizzie , Rori Byrnes , lovedonnaz and vegasbaby , Melanee Hart , Pink Stiletto , Coleen Smith ,

17 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Luke and his family. I'd like to send big hugs Luke's way!

Kim
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Bacon and Ehs

Leon said...

Thanks Kim - I changed your link to reflect you and your family not the blog.

Hint: I will link to URL's given, but please leave just the url not a direct link. This will make it easier for me to post. In Kim's case it would be: http://baconandehs.blogspot.com

sherryandkaty said...

Our prayers are with Gordy, Sue and all the kids. I cannot imagine going through this. Thank you for the teddy bear idea, this is great.

http://katyanne-marie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Our youngest is Luke's age - we are praying for him and his family!!

The Lundquists (Colorado)

Anonymous said...

Sending a Teddy Bear for Luke. From his Aunt & Uncle in Lynnwood, WA
Joe & Rena Searles

Anonymous said...

Mine and my wife's thoughts and prayers go out to Luke and his family.
Rob

Leon said...

Just a note to people trying to post comments here . There is probably a lot of traffic going through the servers and this slows things down. Just be patient. If you don't see your post right away check back later. It may have been posted but not showing yet.

You can use my guestbook (upper right side of blog) if you can't leave a comment here. It is run by another company and probably not as stressed. I will still add you to the list.

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ellen
http://www.themillmans.com/weblog/index.php/linklist

God bless, our prayers are with Luke and his family.
Get well soon little one.

Anonymous said...

All this url and blog stuff is very new to me but not the love I have in my heart for Jesus or the Searles family.Luke you are a precious treasure and a joy to all who have spent any time with you.All our love and prayers for you and your loved ones. Sending a teddy bear too!Love Jeff, Sue, Zach, and Seth in CO.

Anonymous said...

Loving and Praying....Grandma Barbara

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you all,

Laura-Jane in Victoria BC, Canada,
http://laura-jane.diaryland.com

Unknown said...

christine (http//no1typo.me.uk)
lizzie (http://www.livejournal.com/users/trappermcintyre/)

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave a get well soon message for luke.. My younger sister was born 6 weeks premature and needed 3 full blood tranfusions in the first 48 hours of her life.. I realise how stressful it can be for the parents and family of a child in intensive care, so my well wishes go out to them aswell. I really do hope he gets well soon.

Rori Byrnes
Sydney, Australia

homercat said...

the parrotheads send our thoughts and prayers to Luke.

Colleen Smith said...

I'd love to send a Teddy bear to Luke. I have a daughter the same age. Bet my teddy has to travel the furthest as I'm posting this from Guam.

A former B.C. Canadian now living in the tropics.

Colleen Smith
Blog: tumon.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Luke and his family.

http://wwwbtiger.blogspot.com