Friday, September 03, 2004

Blogging For Luke 5

I am back online after a good day. I managed to lose my headache and stop focusing on Luke for a while. However, there were some odd moments. A family came into the restaurant I had breakfast in. One of their children was around Luke's age. I talked to someone I hadn't seen for a while. We talked about the importance of family. I stop and listen to a busker singing about expressing love for friends and family.

I just reread this morning's post at How is Luke Doing. Luke's Dad makes an important point when he says "I must admit that being here in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit is gut wrenching. Luke is one of several kids."

The blog focuses on one little boy. Luke's Dad reminds us that "I am not just Luke's Dad, I am Daniel's, Amy's, Natalie's, Isaiah's, Ezekiel's and Luke's Dad". Here we see a father forced to focus on one member of a family. It must be very hard.

The comments for this post are amazing. One person offers very specific prayers that reach to the heart of the problem. Another comment (by Greg H) echoes an earlier post of mine:

It's also uplifting for me to see all these strangers coming together through prayer, kind-giving thoughts, and this blog not only for Luke but you guys too. Think of the folks here who have figured out how to comment on the blog as only the tip of the iceberg that you can see above the waterline! All the different religious and non-religious perspectives from non-believers and believers alike coming together in support and love and it's only the beginning!


There are so many perspectives and mini stories in the comments. Some times I feel overwhelmed.

This afternoon Luke's Dad posted a picture of Luke's first birthday. I smile thinking about one of my nephews at that age. He also liked wearing his cake! Things like that are what Luke and other children should be doing instead of being in hospital.

1 comment:

Gordy AKA Luke's Dad said...

The phenomenem that we are watching is amazing to me. On Tuesday morning the morning after Lukes drowning, I wanted to find a way to keep everyone informed of what was happening with Luke. I checked with my ISP to see if I had a personal web page and I dont. So I remembered a friend that blogs and thought hey I could blog. So I googled for "Free Blog" and found blogger.com. It said as easy as 1-2-3. I thought what have I got to loose. I created the blog and the first few entries and the rest is an incredible journey that is still unfolding. I am finding for me and my family the blog is thereputic in that it allows us to know how far and wide the concern for Luke is. Thank you for getting involved with the story. bloggin has changed my life and I intend to determine how to help others in need to use this tool for telling there story.