Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Long Walk

I got up early today and played Diablo 2 for a few hours after I checked my email and read some blogs. I ate brunch around 1:30 and then walked up town. I stopped at the place I volunteer to see someone but he wasn't around. I visited for a bit and then headed out again.

I walked from Douglas and Pandora to the corner of Bay and Blanshard. I took pics along the way including the new arena and the Bay Street Armoury.

I continued down Quadra to Wildfire Bakery to photograph the latest version of graffiti on the north wall. Every three to six months there is something new there.

I then wandered over to Royal Athletic Park to photograph the murals and then walked along Cook to Yates.

Around 5:30 pm I ate supper at a restaurant beside London Drugs. I then walked to Douglas Street and caught the bus home.

I planned on today being a 'Mural Hunt' and I found several to photograph. The walk was invigorating and included a big chunk of downtown Victoria. It was nice to rediscover some areas of my hometown again.

No comments: