Friday, September 09, 2005

What Is More Difficult?

What is more difficult: having lots of time to deal with an impossible situation or no time to deal with a possible situation? Why? (from The Meme Team).

The first scenario is the more difficult. When faced with with an impossible situation I tend to fret over it. With lots of time to do so I eventually end up tired out and depressed. Logically I know I can't do anything but emotionally I want to 'do something'. The only way to survive is to come to grips with it.

In the second scenario I check my time and decide if I can possibly achieve anything. If I think I have even a miniscule chance I will try to do something. I may fail but at least I tried. Failing doesn't bother me as much as letting things slip away due to inaction. If I decide not to act that's different. I at least made a decision.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree: the first is more difficult.