Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mobile Day

Today I moved around quite a lot. I was in James Bay, Downtown, Chinatown, and even got out to View Royal. I walked a lot and took a long bus ride. My body is feeling tired.

I was up very early this morning and had a $3.99 breakfast That started me off quite well. I then walked downtown and went to the bank. Next I stopped in at the office to make a phone call and check on something with my boss.

The talk with my boss was informative and useful. One potential problem was taken care of but that meant a change in one of my volunteer positions. I would like to get things settled but I also want to avoid unnecessary problems.

At 11:30 a.m. I met my friend F for dim sum at Don Mee's. We had a nice visit and the food was good. Afterwards we went to several stores and had coffee.

My friend had to take the bus to Victoria General so I went with him and then came straight back. I had an interesting talk with the driver while he took his break. He explained how tight the scheduling is and the problems that can happen if one gets behind.

When I got downtown I stopped at Marble Slab Creamery and had some strawberry ice cream with added strawberries. It was very good.

I walked home along Government Street and talked to an artist I know at the Inner Harbour. It was still very sunny and hot but a light breeze made it bearable. I got home around 4 p.m.

Physically and mentally I have been all over the place today. I am tired and part of me wants to rest but another wants to keep going for a while. I feel like I accomplished something today.

No comments: