Thursday, January 11, 2007

Snow And Other Oddities

It snowed yesterday and things were a little slow at some businesses. Victoria didn't quite disappear but many of us stayed inside so it might as well have. Some brave souls went out to see how much snow we had accumulated.

It might have been snowing outside but I was 'steaming' inside. People seem to think Christmas cards and/or presents are a currency you exchange for phone calls, letters, or emails. They're not. They are gifts. Furthermore, people who only acknowledge me every few months can wait a week or two for my email.

I was thinking about the Christmas card issue when I visited MySpace for the first time in two weeks. Most of the bulletins were from one friend who hasn't said hello since November. I felt like he was demanding attention but not willing to reach out to people. I thought of deleting him as a contact but then decided to just write a quick note to everyone saying hello. The note became a 'say hello or delete me' post. The guy IMed me and we chatted for about 30 minutes. It was nice.

The last 24 hours have been so odd.

No comments: