Friday, June 08, 2007

A Difficult Project

I finally finished part 2 of The South African Blog Roundup. Part 3 is virtually complete and just needs a short conclusion written.

I found this a difficult project because my ideas kept changing and the SA blog scene kept developing. I took a break from the project and took care of other business. The break was good but I found it hard to get back into the mindset I had in March. My old notes seemed woefully incomplete for what I wanted to do. Several times I vowed to either downsize the project or scrap it entirely. I'm glad I didn't.

Sometimes I find writing frustrating because the words don't match the concept in my head. If the concept is strong then eventually the words will start to flow. When they do I must edit and rewrite until everything seems right. It is times like this that I really enjoy writing.

2 comments:

Becca G said...

I think I know exactly what you mean. You've described the best parts of writing & discovery for me!

Leon said...

Hi Wonder Woman. Yeah, discovery is an important part of writing.