Saturday, November 24, 2007

Friday Was My Day

I volunteered yesterday and it was great. I saw some people I hadn't seen in a while, got complimented on my haircut, and was able to give the right information to someone who needed it.

One nice thing about volunteering is the flexibility. If I am sick or busy I can phone in and say I can't make it. My position isn't essential but it makes things easier for my coworkers.

I think a number of volunteers quit after the funding for honorariums dried up. The cash wasn't great, but it helped and it was an incentive for many. I realized that the money was secondary to the work and social aspects. The place is an 'anchor' for me as it keeps me grounded and "forces" me to be more social.

After work a coworker/friend and I went to the WIN discount store on Pandora. I bought a pullover shirt for about five bucks and a belt for seven. The "biker belt" is made of thick black leather and has studs on it. It should last a long time.

My friend and I then went to Szechuan City for supper. I ate a lot and enjoyed myself. I think I could live on the prawns, the sweet and sour pork, and the mango pudding/jelly thingy.

I hope your weekend is going well.

Cheers.

No comments: