Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Update

The last week and a half has been a mix of good and bad days. I volunteered on the 9th for the first time in ages and it felt great. I wasn't feeling ill or tired. Afterwards some friends and I went to Szechuan City for supper. The buffet cost $13.95 and was excellent.

On Saturday the 10th I went to Dim Sum at Don Mee's with my friend from up-island and another old university friend. It was great. Later on I stopped at Jimmy's and got a proper haircut. Very few people commented on on my hair since I cut it but he comments weren't good. Sigh (haha).

On Sunday/Monday I had a stomach ache so I went and bought some strong antacid tablets. Gaviscon is great but expensive.

For most of last week I was tired but not feeling too bad. I slept in on Friday and missed volunteering. I wasn't happy about that.

On Sunday I had stomach problems again. I ate out and then found myself falling asleep at the computer. I didn't want to sleep too soon after eating (90 mins) but I had no choice. I woke up 3 hours later with a horrible stomach ache. I took some antacids and that helped a bit but I was so bloated. No indigestion or constipation; just a "basketball" (or two) stuck in my gut.

I couldn't get my stomach to behave and I couldn't lay down or sit. I got dressed and was going to go for a walk outside. Before I did that I had a glass of water and checked online for information. The info didn't help but got me thinking about getting myself sick to get better. Suddenly I felt nauseous and broke out in a hot sweat. I rushed to the bathroom and got sick I never felt so happy to puke in my life because the stomach pressure was gone!

I just had my first real meal since then and it was a safe one (an omelet). For the past few days I've been eating scones and liquid yogurt and was glad to have something different. We'll see how it goes.

I have more to blog about but it will have to wait for another post.

Cheers.

1 comment:

LJ said...

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling with your health so much. This is not good. You've been on my mind lately, so I thought it was high time I stopped by and said "hello". So - Hello!!!