Monday, August 18, 2003

In the Halls Of Hypnos

I woke up to find myself on the Lay -z- boy. I guess I was a lot more tired than I thought.

My weekend consisted mainly of reading 'India: A History' by John Keay. I am really enjoying the book and I am learning a lot. For instance, I never knew that in ancient and medieval times there were small republics along the Ganges and that guilds were important patrons of Buddhist monasteries. Right now I am reading about the early Muslim incursions into India.

I bought 'Stardust' by Neil Gaiman at a used bookstore the other day but I haven't started it yet. I want to finish 'India: A History' first. Usually I can read nonfiction concurrently with fiction but in this case the book by Keay is so engaging that I don't feel like I want or need to.

Sunday morning some friends and I went out for dim sum and then later we had a visit. Sometimes firemind does visit with live people.

Well I think it is time to re-enter the temple of Hypnos and see if I can borrow some of his sleep dust. Maybe Morpheus (god of dreams) will take me on a wild ride to some exotic locale.

Good night.

No comments: