Saturday, August 30, 2003

Just Say No To Viruses

Here I am checking my email while waiting for my dinner to cook and I find a suspicious piece of spam - again. For the third time this week I have received an email from "Microsoft" warning me to 'Apply This Patch Immediately'. I delete this virus launcher and check for a virus scan update - again. My files are current.

I am a little ticked off because this is my personal email address - which is only given to people who supposably know how to avoid viruses. Somebody, somewhere, screwed up and I get the spam. Many people have the latest 'dat files' because their virus scanner is on automatic update. However they haven't scheduled a scan time so their system never gets checked!

Maybe we need a computer competency test - something like a drivers licence test.

No comments: