Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Competition

I revived my “work” blog yesterday. I decided that the planning and research for the online portion of my workshop was better suited to the rapid cut-and-paste attitude of a weblog. I write this diary in OpenOffice.org and then post it to Diaryland. This isn't too bad but it can sometimes be a pain. Hyperlinks created in the program don't copy to Diaryland and I often have to manually code them. Diaryland is better suited for single theme pages consisting of text rather than pages full of links.

Another reason for using the blog is to keep my projects separate. The links and examples I will be using are from my other “reality” not Firemind. That other persona is fine but it has all of the obligations and historical baggage that Firemind doesn't. Firemind is just about expressing myself here. At times I may go “out on a limb” and discuss the real world but I do that to stimulate my inner world.

I am happy to have another writing environment to challenge me but I don't want to neglect this one. It will be interesting to see whether this development inspires creativity or frustrates it. In the past twenty - four hours I have written two entries in the “work blog” and one here.

No comments: