Sunday, February 15, 2004

A Short Summary

After laying awake for almost an hour I decided to get up and write. This is a short summary of the ideas and events that have been driving my creative “rush” this week. It builds on notes I scribbled in my paper journal before going to sleep.

Sometimes I write in an organized fashion by combining ideas into essays or Diaryland entries. Sometimes my creative bubble bursts and I strain to get everything written down. This week was definitely a “burst” week.

Since Wednesday I have only been sleeping three or four hours a night. I have been too busy reading, writing, and playing computer games. This in addition to items mentioned in my last few entries.

My writing, reading and gaming tastes have been reflecting memories of studying Ancient History, Archaeology, and Norse Fiction. Something I read would remind me of something I had studied and then I would get an interesting idea for a story, character, or setting. Then I would have to check out an idea in one of my books.

I got an irewards card from Chapters and bought: “The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference” by Writer's Digest; and “The Real Middle Earth” by Brian Bates. Both books deal with subjects I have been thinking about this month.

Yesterday was a long day of discovery starting with Dim Sum with friends at Don Mee's. One of the things we discussed was the movie “The Return Of The King”.

Later on I surfed through the Diaryland 'Recently Updated Diaries List' and discovered mklibrarian's diary. I read the first 18 or so entries in one sitting. I will catch up today or tomorrow. I added her to my favourites list and left a note.

Yesterday evening found me getting frustrated because I don't know enough about Linux to do some of the maintenance chores I routinely do in Windows. It is time for me to join the local Linux group.

I finally began to “slow down” around 10 last night and I was reluctant to quit without writing about my day/week. I was cranky and upset until I took a deep breath and let the story “write itself”. The result was “The Reader's Prayer”.

I had a much needed late dinner at a pub/restaurant and came home and went to bed.

Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop blogging right now!