Thursday, March 04, 2004

Books And Book Blogs

I am almost finished "Heart Of The Comet" by David Brin and Gregory Benford. I am enjoying rereading this hard science - fiction story about a bunch of scientists who land on the comet to redirect it to a more useful location. The vision is as expansive as before but some of the wonder is missing because I remembered so much of it. (I first read the story about ten years ago.)

One of the best things about the novel is that it presents 'big ideas', based on complex science, in a readable fashion. Another nice feature is that the science melds with the story. There are no long appendices like those found in some other novels.

--

I have been reading two interesting weblogs that deal with books. If they keep me interested I will add them to my 'Links' page. The blogs are The Book Review Blog and Frightening Obsessions.

No comments: