Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Is Laundry A Virus?

Like most single laundry haters I believe in moderation when doing “the chore”. If I have something to wear, and I can see over the laundry pile, I ask myself “Do I really have to wash clothes?” If the choice was simply a moral one I would say no. However, there are other factors involved.

Laundry evolves. Mutates. Breeds.

Anyone who has lost a sock knows what I am saying. One of a pair heads off into the unknown to build a new family. Laundry is like some primitive life form. Laundry is like a virus.

What happens when clothing goes missing? It probably ends up in someone else's laundry. If a man's underpants are found by a jealous husband, for example, things could get out of hand. Accusations would fly and dishes would too. One might stay with friends and the other would drink. Both would be too depressed to do laundry. Two laundry piles would GROW.

Is laundry a virus?

Definitely! Excuse me while I get inoculated.

No comments: