Saturday, August 20, 2005

Musical Chinese Blogging Rats

I slept all day and had a late brunch at 8pm. I guess going to work yesterday morning, taking pics in the afternoon, and blogging, etc, all night; meant I should be a little tired.

I went out for Chinese food and saw a dead rat on the sidewalk. Luckily my appetite wasn't spoiled. That was the first rat I had seen here in years although I know they are around.

I had 'sweet and sour pork' and chicken chop suey to eat. I have leftovers for tomorrow. Yum yum.




Music is still a hot topic in some blogs I read. Mick has written a tutorial called How To Add Music To Your Blog and Sam has written an introduction to 'Indie' music. Both posts are interesting. I have an idea for another post about music and will play with it some more.




Some of the Bloggers I read have been too busy to post or just haven't felt like it. Sometimes I have to "bite my tongue" and not say "blog! blog!" Blogging is something we do for ourselves first. Still, I sometimes get the 'I need (insert blog name)' cravings. I guess that means I don't read crappy blogs. :)

Another aspect of blogging that we deal with is comments. Sometimes we write profound posts and get no feedback at all. We wonder why 'so and so' didn't respond when you thought he or she would. We carry on deciding not to worry and write about something mundane and get lots of comments. Getting comments seems like gambling sometimes.




Here is a note for Diaryland types. Using Flickr for pics is easy and looks nice. Check out this post by kc and see how the pics fit the blog. Also note how cute Jack the puppy is.




I think we covered the music, Chinese food, blogs, and a rat (and a puppy). I think this post is over.

4 comments:

chaotic_structure said...

About blogging. Nice. I like your thoughts about commenting. I have even written to a few of them asking them if they plan to respond. It kind of makes me not even want them as a friend if they aren't going to have a little dialogue. Connection or something.
Anyway, nice blog. And yes, I am a blog junkie too.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Chaotic : It's difficult as Leon says when you expect someone to comment (but they don't), unfortunately we have busy lives and blog reading can consume time enough without commenting on every one.
I probably spend more time reading and commenting on other blogs than I actually spend on my own blog, but that's probably because I can't come up with things like 'Musical Chinese Blogging Rats' as a Post Title, and end up with things like 'Here's a Flower From My Garden...Again!'.
Just keep posting Chaotic, and allow for people who are too busy to allways respond.
I usually work twelve hour days, and begrudge the time on the internet, when I could be doing something else in the real world.

Leon said...

chaotic - Thanks and thanks for commenting.

Mick - Posting can be a problem when we are busy. I know sometimes I am too tired to post. I do think that people should blog fairly regular - even if once a week - so that readers can adapt. It is also good for the blogger too.

Leon said...

Keith - thanks. Good point about scheduling.