Friday, August 19, 2005

Music Blogs

Part 2 of 3

Like most bloggers I have linked to music and other audio files. Sometimes I will devote a whole post to something music related. I don't consider Firemind to be a music blog however.

Music or Mp3 blogs are weblogs that concentrate on music and musicians. They offer downloadable mp3 files for their readers to listen to. They have been featured in the media in such magazines as Rolling Stone. Wikipedia has an informative article about them.

I have come across a number of music blogs. Some of these are written by online friends. Links to more blogs can be found on their sites.

Good Rockin' Tonight

Homercat comments on various musicians, bands, albums and songs. He also has mp3 files related to his posts. I haven't explored the blog too much but I find it interesting so far.

It's funny to go to a site like Homercat's and find information on a song I vaguely remember from years ago. The song was Summer Breeze and the group was Seals and Croft.

The Record Cast

Fintan's music blog is an extension of his regular blog but more sporadic. He has only been writing it for two months but has listed some interesting music. I am hoping a little exposure and feedback will encourage him to post more often.

Phony Nowhere

Sam is the guitarist in the band Comic Book Heroes and knows music first hand. This blog however is his own effort. He discusses lots of music and even includes some lyrics and mp3s. My only complaint is with the linking to mp3s and other sites.

I think Phony Nowhere can be a really interesting blog if Sam has the time for it and gets the right feedback (hint, hint).

Here is a video clip of Comic Book Heroes playing 'Need Some Rockin'. Sam does a mini solo.

Two other blogs I'd like to mention are Experimental Film and Mick In The UK. Both comment a lot on music and Mick sometimes includes mp3 files.


Music And Audio

Part 1 – Making Noise

Part 2 – Music Blogs.

Part 3 – Invasion Of The Pod People

No comments: