Sunday, June 04, 2006

Happy Birthday?

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a mixed day. I was tired at times and a bit emotional at others. I used Audacity to make a short podcast but I wasn'’t happy with it so I decided to write this post instead.

I think I am having a bit of fallout from Tuesday but I can't really define it. I do feel that something is 'out of place' though. I guess this will take time.

I got a phone call from my parents and that was nice. I think my mom was the only person (all day) who wished me a happy birthday. I had a nice chat with the parents but noted some odd feelings.

I remember wishing they would leave me alone when I was younger. I wanted their approval and recognition but feared their control. I didn't want them finding out about me. Now it is different.

I am happy because my mom is finally going into the hospital for an operation. I am also worried a little too.

I have been thinking about one of my friends this weekend. He is having a tough time and there isn't anything I can do except say hi and listen. In some ways I am the wrong person for this because of I am too far away in age and distance. But, I do what I can because he is a nice guy and a good friend.

I have been thinking about a lot of my friends lately. In a way I have been reviewing what effect they had on me during the last year. I have enjoyed the exchange of ideas and the chance to get to know people. I have some awesome friends.

I could go on and look inward but I don't want to stir anything up inside.

I managed to quit brooding and go see X - Men 3 and I enjoyed it. It isn't a profound film but it is fun to watch. I did feel that it would have been better if I had seen the first two.

So another birthday has come and gone and it joins the 45 other ones I have survived. The year has been interesting and I look forward to the next one. I guess that means things aren't too bad right now.

So why do I feel down?

11 comments:

Fin said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon said...

Thanks Fin. :)

Shahid said...

Happy birthday!

Leon said...

Thanks Shahid.

Stephen said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Mick in the UK said...

Happy birthday yesterday Leon

Leon said...

Thanks guys.

Lou said...

Happy belated birthday!!

Leon said...

Thanks Lou.

The Masta said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Leon said...

Thank you sir! :)