Saturday, September 16, 2006

Directions 2

I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do in the next few months. I have been pretty content with many aspects of my life but one or two have been less than satisfying.

I won't go into too much detail here because everything is subject to change and I don't have a clear picture of what I want yet.

Work/Volunteering

Right now I am not looking for changes in these areas. I would like more to do but I am not exactly sure which direction to take. Since things are stable right now I will not change anything.

Photography

My photography craze has eased up finally and I am more selective about what pictures I take. Furthermore I have over 2000 photos of Victoria and environs. New and interesting things are harder to find.

My one consideration is Flickr. I have a Pro account and haven't been using my 'quota' for months. In December I will have to renew it and so I have a form of deadline. If I renew my account I want to be using it.

Blogging

I have slowed down a little when it comes to blogging. Maintaining several personal blogs and group blogs is a lot of work and can be frustrating. I will probably ignore most of my blogs except Firemind for a while. This blog is still "my baby" and it's where I like to hang out online. Sometimes I think about a more private "friends only" journal but don't see the need for one right now.

Writing

While most of my blogging will be at Firemind I may work on some fiction to post to Fire Tales. I have the ideas but just haven't had the time or energy to string them together coherently and post them.

Friends/Relationships

This is one area I want to work on. I have some great friends - some of whom I have never met. While my online friends can be great there are some things we can't do together. Having people to go share pizza, coffee, and hugs would be nice. I find it easy to talk to people but hard to really get to know them and let them know me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All good goals. I didn't know you were writing fiction.